1) After a tearful goodbye with all of our sweet family, we hopped on a plane and headed to Los Angeles. Because we have a 10 HOUR LAYOVER before our flight to NZ, we decided to take full advantage of the day. My cousin Jill lives here, so she picked us up and took us to lunch at this extraordinary little burger place called The Counter, one of those restaurants where you build and create your own burger til its a mile high.. oh yes.
2) Once lunch was over, we went to Best Buy where we bought an amazing Nikon camera.
3) Jill had to leave, so she dropped us off at Manhattan Beach. We spent hours on the beach and pier, soaking in the Cali sun, watching the the most interesting people as they enjoyed just another day where they live. I am so jealous of these people ("What do you want to do today?" "Oh, I don't know, maybe go to the beach and spend all day on the pier and love our amazing lives or something..."). The weather was perfect. warm with a cool breeze. We sat and enjoyed root beer on the pier. And I don't know if you ever feel this way... but i felt like i was more for a little while. Like i was happy in a way that only happens to a person something like 2 times a year or so. I was so perfectly peaceful and content, with nothing but my Logan and God and the ocean to enjoy.
4) Around 5:30pm, it was time to have some dinner. And since we were only here for a day, we wanted to go to a restaurant native to only L.A. We went to "Rock n' Fish", a fancy little fresh seafood place right up the street from the pier, where we split a huge helping of King Crab legs. We couldn't help ourselves!! Maybe it was the blissful experience of the day nudging my taste buds, but I have NEVER had crab legs that delicious.
5) We then took a cab back to the airport... L.A. traffic is one thing that will make you not want to live here.
6) Now we're back at the airport and I've had time to kill. We will be boarding pretty soon- I am excited! I think my Europe travel experience made me enjoy long flights- so I'm not annoyed that we will be on this plane for 12 hours at all. I feel like thats when you get to really think.
7) One thing I learned today: God is seriously everywhere if you open your eyes to Him. We talked to lots of people today and noticed how kind people can be, even in a big, busy, noisy city or airport.
That's all for now, off to Auckland!